Defender 2D is a 2017 American animated superhero comedy film produced by DJW Studios for Universal Pictures. It is the sequel to 2011's Defender D, and was co-written and directed by Damen Walker and co-directed by Thor Freudenthal. The film takes place six years after the events of the first film, and stars Jake T. Austin as Daniel Cage, an eighteen-year old superhero who was granted his powers as a child, and Zac Efron as Harry Catapulco, the leader of the Catapulco team with whom Defender springs into action.
The film was released in theaters and RealD 3D on April 26, 2017. It was met with mixed reviews from critics and earned over $259 million worldwide on its $67 million budget. It was released on DVD and Blu-ray on September 19, 2017.
At the Catapulco Academy, a school for the wise and well-fit, eighteen-year-old Daniel Cage is recruited into a team of amateur superheroes, and soon finds himself entering the gates to the mission of a lifetime: he must prevent a feud between the Catapulco team and their adversaries the Asteathien team from erupting into a huge battle that will destroy everything in its presence.
More coming soon!
|Defender 2D: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack|
|Soundtrack album by Various Artists|
|Released||April 11, 2017|
Defender 2D: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
The original soundtrack album was released on April 11, 2017 through Island Records.
- "2 Dimensional" (Jerry Folk feat. Robert Schneider) - 3:23
- "Angola" (Sam Roberts Band) - 5:06
- "The Good Soldier" (Nine Inch Nails) - 3:23
- "Wish You Were Here" (Incubus) - 3:33
- "London Calling" (The Clash) - 3:20
- "Nobody's Fault But Mine" (Led Zeppelin) - 6:29
- "One More Thing" (L7) - 4:10
- "A New Theory" (RJD2) - 2:05
- "My Sacrifice" (Creed) - 4:55
- "Black Betty" (Spiderbait) - 3:26
- "Damaged Goods" (Gang of Four) - 3:27
- "Long Way to Go" (Powderfinger) - 3:46
- "Keep It Down" (Smash Mouth) - 5:31
- "The Good Soldier" (Breathing Deeply Remix) (Nine Inch Nails) - 4:39
Defender 2D: Original Motion Picture Score
|Defender 2D: Original Motion Picture Score|
|Released||April 25, 2017|
All music composed by Hans Zimmer.
- Enter the Catapulco
- Superstar's Descent
- Defender 2D Suite
- Catapulco March (bonus track)
- Asteathien March (bonus track)
- 2 Dimensional (bonus track)
The film received mixed reviews from critics. It holds a 58% on review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes based on 104 collected reviews. The site's critical consensus reads: "The Defender's college charms and tight strategies won't save this movie from plunging into the generic sequel formula."
To see the transcript for the film, click here.
To see the transcript for the film's trailers, click here.